THINKING ABOUT STARTING A MINISTRY?
Explore a Charitable C Corporation. It may be less expensive and accomplish the same goals.
The right kind of corporation, set up as an alternative option to a traditional non-profit organization for a ministry can reduce or eliminate much of the difficulty and expense of setting up a 501(c)(3).
What can a Charitable C do for ministers?
- Avoid the expense and difficulty of setting up a 501(c) (3).
- As the Charitable C employee a minister can receive ALL clergy tax benefits.
- The Corporation pays healthcare as a tax-free benefit to employee thus avoiding penalties and disadvantages of Affordable Health Care Act.
- Provide a way to make Charitable donations tax-deductible for the donors.
- Is not subject to the 501(c)(3) rules such as: reasonable compensation, inurement, private benefit and activities exclusively for tax-exempt activities.
Anyone wishing to start a new ministry or spin off from an existing church or group might be a candidate for a Charitable C. It can be especially beneficial for:
- Chaplains except for Government chaplains
- Authors, Musicians or anyone receiving royalties
- Speakers and Evangelists
For complete clergy tax and financial planning needs or tax preparation, contact us. Avoid costly mistakes with informative clergy tax and financial resources to be confident about your financial future.
Schedule a Consultation
Call or click the button to set up your appointment today.